After months of weighing the pros and cons of owning a dutch oven, the boyfriend and I finally agreed to invest in one. It may be heavy and we may not have the room to store it but after only two meals it’s completely worth it! For our anniversary (two years – holy crap), we decided instead of getting each other something for one another – we wanted to get something we both could enjoy since it’s OUR anniversary. So I got the dutch oven and a drill driver and he got a brand new set of kitchen knives (I’m planning on doing a review of those later). The best thing of owning a dutch oven is the versatility you instantly have. There are so many more recipes that will be easier to perform such as braising, slow cooking, baking, and soooo much more. Even simple tasks are easier with the even cooking a dutch oven provides. I plan on writing some blog posts or filming some videos for my youtube channel so keep your eyes peeled.
- 6 quart Lodge color series enameled cast-iron dutch oven
- Oven-safe to 500-degree F !!!
- 2 Coats of durable porcelain enamel in Island Spice Red exterior, cream-colored interior
- Dishwasher-safe, but washing by hand recommended
- Lifetime warranty
- Evenly cooks
- Retains heat superbly
- Great for one pot meals
- Great for starting on the stove top and finishing off in the oven
- This puppy is HEAVY clocking in a whopping 16 lbs.
- Because it’s pretty heavy, it’s difficult and cumbersome to hand wash.
- On the pricer side -we paid $45 but if we got a different color it could have been $60-80. Amazon is weird like that when some color are more in demand than others.
It’s a wonderful addition to your cooking “gadgets” if you have the need and room. It’s one of those things that people don’t really see the need for it until they have one and they realize how much they have missed out. My old room mate owned one and I grew very spoiled with it. This would be a perfect addition to a beginner cook or a seasoned home cook.
Keep an eye out for dutch oven recipes in the future.